Head of Game Design
Games24x7 was one of the first entrants in the gaming industry in 2006, when India started showing the first signs of promise for online gaming. We turned profitable by 2010 in just four years and grew 200x in the next decade. We are a technology powered analytics and data science company that happens to love games!
In 2018-19, the mobile games market in India generated over $600 million in revenues. With close to 450 people in its Mumbai and Bangalore offices, Games24x7 is India’s largest mobile games business today and is very well positioned to become the 800-pound gorilla of what will be a $2 billion market by 2022. While Games24x7 continues to invest aggressively in its India centric mobile games, it is also diversifying its business by investing in international gaming and other tech opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- • Own the entire Game Design of new games, new features for our existing games, and take full responsibility for coordinating with various stakeholders until go-live
- Generate new and innovative feature ideas, enhancements to the existing products and collate requests from both internal and external requestors
- Be the mentor and lead a team of talented Game Designers
- Set the directions for the team on their Game design tasks/ initiative
- Create innovative gameplay experience including usability and interaction design flow for features
- Create functional specifications/Game Design documents, business cases, user flow with wireframes, conduct reviews with requestor groups and development teams, and be the main contact for the specifications/design during the game development and implementation phases.
- Interact with all relevant stakeholders to drive timely, seamless, and successful rollouts/launches.
- Define, track, and improve key product metrics and monitor those metrics. Collate and analyze key daily/weekly/monthly data on various features performance and report key findings.
- Be the first point of escalation for any design-related problems/queries.
Skills and Experience Desired
- Have a great passion for games
- 8+ years of “Game Design” experience in mobile and ideally 6 years of experience designing free to play games with in-app purchases
- 3+ years of supervisory, leadership or team management
- Experience in designing games for mobile phones is a must
- Strong analytical, organizational and creative skills
- Impeccable understanding of every area of Game Design
- Strong analytical abilities and the ability to synthesize game systems and mechanics to improve game features and systems
- Exceptional levels of attention to detail
- Experience with live game events/sales design and content calendar planning
- Must be proficient in Excel, Formulas, and able to provide visual designs with mock-ups in any tool of your choice.
- Strong exposure and confidence in identifying and analyzing KPIs then providing action items for the team
- Understanding the specifics of social and mobile games
- Knowledge of the market and the main trends of social and mobile games
- Ability to create a high-quality, addictive online and social game feature-sets
- Experience with multiple aspects of game design discipline: concept, game progression, combat, interface, monetization, and retention
- Knowledge of designing the traditional card, board, and dice game is a plus.
- Proficient in user experience design including usability and game interaction design.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment is a must.
- Positive, pro-active attitude with a will to deliver quickly, adhering to tight deadlines.