Head of Retention Marketing
Games24x7 was one of the first entrants in the gaming industry in 2006, when India started showing the first signs of promise for online gaming. We turned profitable by 2010 in just four years and grew 200x in the next decade. We are a technology powered analytics and data science company that happens to love games!
In 2018-19, the mobile games market in India generated over $600 million in revenues. With close to 450 people in its Mumbai and Bangalore offices, Games24x7 is India’s largest mobile games business today and is very well positioned to become the 800-pound gorilla of what will be a $2 billion market by 2022. While Games24x7 continues to invest aggressively in its India centric mobile games, it is also diversifying its business by investing in international gaming and other tech opportunities.
Summary of Role
The Head of Retention will be the strategic marketing leader of the business. The incumbent would be passionate about understanding the player behavior as they navigate through our gaming platform. Through this understanding, they will develop strategic and tactical differentiators that are critical to the retention of users. The Head of Retention will be a hands-on, high energy, ambitious individual who thrives in a fast paced and highly demanding start-up environment.
- Build upon the core retention marketing and product strategy for scaling up of the
- Forecast monthly, quarterly, annual revenue growth.
- Develop retention execution plans and deliver on retention targets within time and budget.
- Complete ownership of retention marketing campaigns, promotional budget allocation and communication to existing players.
- Effectively utilize all digital channels like FB, YouTube, push notifications, SMS & emails etc to target users with relevant and personalized communication
- Work with art and content teams to ensure timely execution of campaigns with no errors.
- Analyze campaign and creative performance for continuous improvement in engagement with marketing communication.
- Build and lead a team of campaign managers, analytics managers and analysts. Allocate retention resources to different campaigns based on budget.
- Have a measurement driven mindset to measure, optimize and scale retention growth channels.
- Lead product marketing efforts by improving key conversion metrics through consumer journey improvement in a scientific manner.
- Use data, customer insights, feedback, journey mapping and customer-centric thinking to deeply understand the customer lifecycle and identify opportunities for growth and optimization at every stage
- Obsess over customers and deep dive into their engagement with My11Circle. Use this knowledge to identify lapser behavior and build marketing communication and a platform experience that converts potential lapsed users & light users to engaged users
- Conceive, design and deploy event-based marketing programs (during IPL and similar high viewership events)
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, analytics, marketing ops and creative to meet ambitious growth targets
- Partner with Data Science to leverage machine learning to automate campaigns and improve targeting
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of marketing experience
- Strong understanding of setting and executing AB tests to drive retention rate improvement
- Should possess very strong understanding of the creative process to drive user retention
- Should have experience building and leading teams to achieve retention goals
- Should have obsessive focus on clearly measurable ROI
- Should have worked with product team to execute product strategy