Narrative Design Manager
The ideal candidate should be both creative and detail-oriented, has proven ‘Narrative Design’ experience, and is comfortable working with stakeholders ranging all the way from product and marketing teams to the engineering team. You will balance both quantitative and qualitative insights to design new experiences and optimize smart, engaging game plots for our active and growing user base. The work environment is fast-paced and results-driven.
- Be a visionary and own the entire Narrative Design of our new game ‘Pet Haven’ which is currently soft-launched in Canada & Australia.
- Build new contents, and take full responsibility for coordinating with various stakeholders
- Be a mentor, leader, and manage a team of talented narrative designers in creating world-class content for the game while making a fun work environment.
- Create immersive game plots, in accordance with the needs of our target audience, that keep players coming back for the love of the world and its characters.
- Contextualize gameplay using narrative.
- Conduct targeted research according to the demand of product development
- Expansive in-game content writing
- Refine elements within the game layout by providing feedback to assist the art production of scenes and in-game characters.
- Set the directions for the team on their Narrative design tasks/ initiatives
- Interact with all relevant stakeholders to drive timely, seamless, and successful rollouts/launches.
- Define, track, and improve key product metrics and monitor those metrics. Collate and analyze key daily/weekly/monthly data on various features performance and report key findings
- Analyze the user funnel and plan the future content for our games
- Be the first point of escalation for any narrative design-related problems/queries
Skills and Experience Desired
- Have a great passion for casual mobile games
- 10 years of “Narrative Design” experience and ideally 6 years of narrative design experience for casual games
- 4+ years of supervisory, leadership & narrative design team management
- Should have held design leadership roles and led designers to create game plots from scratch
- A rich imagination and strong storytelling skills.
- Experience with popular mobile games and a passion for the online game production industry.
- Portfolio of shipped game/s where you have been directly involved with crafting the narrative
- Sensitivity to diversity and experience and/or inclination to work on narrative for varied audiences
- Strong analytical, organizational, and creative skills
- Exceptional levels of attention to detail
- Experience in producing content for live games.
- Understanding the specifics of casual mobile games
- Knowledge of the market and the main trends of casual mobile games
- The ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment is a must.
- Positive, pro-active attitude with a will to deliver quickly, adhering to tight deadlines.