Play Games24x7 Pvt. Ltd. is the first online company to bring games of skill with cash prizes to the large, yet under-served Indian market in a fun, light-hearted and friendly setting. India’s rich history and culture of games and the rapid growth of the Internet has presented us with a unique opportunity – the opportunity to bring to people across India games they have always loved and enjoyed, but don’t necessarily find the time or the friends to play with anymore. Competition, the joy of success and social connectivity form the backbone of our product. We kicked off this ambitious journey in 2009 with India’s most popular card game – Rummy. Today, we are India’s largest online rummy site (www.rummycircle.com) and millions of players visit us every month to play for free and for cash prizes. We are funded jointly by international venture capitalists and a hedge fund that has made significant investments in the past in some of the most successful Internet companies in India.
Summary of Role
At Games24x7, we believe that great games are made by people who are passionate about actually making them!
We are looking for a well-rounded, multidisciplinary Art Director across all primary areas of focus that go beyond concept art: characters, environment & lighting and UI/UX. We think that a good vision becomes a great one when it visually gets players excited and inspired by showing them something they have not experienced before. That is why we expect you to always keep the player at the center of your creative process and have direct access to what tomorrow’s players are looking for in their gaming experience. Our intention is to explore territories that have not been explored before. You are recognized for your fresh style but also for your inspiring mind that allows you to lead the team and help unify a style for all contributors.
- Define, validate and maintain a unique and memorable art direction for the game.
- Create and maintain the art style of the feature and develop new creative ideas.
- Participate in the production design phase of projects and make sure the projects going from pre-production to production have clear vision (visual targets, concepts, etc.)
- Mentor and coach the art team to give their best performance and to develop in their careers
- Identify their strengths and give them expertise on artistic decisions
- Manage recruitment and review potential new artist candidates
- Establish tools and processes to allow artists to create the best assets effectively
- Advocate for creative values within the studio management
- Conduct research on latest visual trends and tools to find ways to improve quality (assistance in optimizing graphics development, writing guides).
- Manage the art process making sure it is well defined and aligned with our development process
- Provide feedback on art content as it is produced.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in game development, with at least 5 of those years in Art Direction in mobile gaming.
- At Least should have done the art direction for 3 games (Preferably mobile casual)
- The ability to work through people and inspire others to excel.
- A keen eye for visuals, understanding what good looks like in terms of composition, palette, silhouette, and motion.
- An understanding of the importance of visual and thematic consistency, and how to achieve it.
- Working knowledge of Maya or equivalent 3D software
- An affinity and knowledge of the technical side of game art
- The ability to thrive in and promote a culture of collaboration and transparency
- Good visual, written & verbal communication skills
- The ability to work and lead remotely, as the studio will be remote until COVID-19 conditions change
- Experience in multiple facets of game development: concept art, modelling, sculpting, animation, graphic design, illustration, VFX, Tech art
- Experience working with Agile
- Experience succeeding in a matrix organizational structure
- Exposure to long term studio or team growth, from small to large