Games24x7 was one of the first entrants in the gaming industry in 2006, when India started showing the first signs of promise for online gaming. We turned profitable by 2010 in just four years and grew 200x in the next decade. We are a technology powered analytics and data science company that happens to love games!
In 2018-19, the mobile games market in India generated over $600 million in revenues. With close to 450 people in its Mumbai and Bangalore offices, Games24x7 is India’s largest mobile games business today and is very well positioned to become the 800-pound gorilla of what will be a $2 billion market by 2022. While Games24x7 continues to invest aggressively in its India centric mobile games, it is also diversifying its business by investing in international gaming and other tech opportunities.
Summary of Role
The SDE will be part of the Engineering/Development team in Play Games24x7 Pvt. Ltd. and will be responsible for taking ownership of the core products of the company. The applicant must have good communication, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills in order to take part in the collaborative and cooperative development process that delivers the high quality software we use to provide the best possible playing experience to our players. The applicant must be an expert in the Java programming language and needs to be familiar with popular IDEs, tools and scripting languages on the Linux operating system. Familiarity with an RDBMS, preferably PostgreSQL, is essential to succeed in this position.
General Accountabilities/Job Responsibilities
- Participation in the requirements analysis, design, development and testing of applications.
- The candidate is expected to write code himself/herself.
- The candidate is expected to write high level code, code review, unit testing and deployment.
- Practical application of design principles with a focus on the user experience, usability, template
- designs, cross browser issues and client server concepts.
- Contributes to the development of project estimates, scheduling, and deliverables.
- Works closely with QA team to determine testing requirements to ensure full coverage and best quality of product.
- There is also the opportunity to mentor and guide junior team members in excelling their jobs.
- BE/B. Tech. Computer Science or MCA from a reputed University.
- 1 -8 Years of experience in software development, with emphasis on JAVA/J2EE Server side programming.
- Hands on experience in Core Java, Multithreading, RMI, Socket programing, JDBC, NIO, webservices and Design patterns.
- Should have Knowledge of distributed system, distributed caching, messaging frameworks, ESB etc.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system and PostgreSQL/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra database is essential.
- Additionally, knowledge of HBase, Hadoop and Hive are desirable.
- Familiarity with message queue systems and AMQP and Kafka is desirable.
- Should have experience as a participant in Agile methodologies.
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- This is not a Fullstack requirement, we are purely looking out for Backend resources.