Play Games24x7 Pvt. Ltd. is the first online company to bring games of skill with cash prizes to the large, yet under-served Indian market in a fun, light-hearted and friendly setting. India’s rich history and culture of games and the rapid growth of the Internet has presented us with a unique opportunity – the opportunity to bring to people across India games they have always loved and enjoyed, but don’t necessarily find the time or the friends to play with anymore. Competition, the joy of success and social connectivity form the backbone of our product. We kicked off this ambitious journey in 2009 with India’s most popular card game – Rummy. Today, we are India’s largest online rummy site (www.rummycircle.com) and millions of players visit us every month to play for free and for cash prizes. We are funded jointly by international venture capitalists and a hedge fund that has made significant investments in the past in some of the most successful Internet companies in India.
Summary of Role
At Games24x7, we believe that great games are made by people who are passionate about actually making them!
The Character Artist will work closely with the Art lead, Art Director and Producer, creating art assets which drive the visual identity of the game. This Artist will also create final in-game character artwork, style guide and placeholder artwork. The Artist should be quick and handy on Sketching Characters and Freehand Drawing for a quick decision.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing and illustration is a plus.
- Experience in producing wide range of character art styles ranging from toony to realistic
- Any specialization in Fine Arts is preferable, Animation or equivalent (preferred), strong traditional/digital art skills
- 6+ years’ experience in 2D character concept and character artwork is required.
- Must have good experience in composition and understand layouts and spacing
- An understanding of human & animal anatomy, turn arounds, posing, expressions and an eye for 2D form and shape
- An understanding of shade, color, lighting and detail (A solid grasp of line, form and color is essential)
- Good Layout and visual sense of design, drawing and illustrations of Character designs
- Knowledge of animation key poses like expressions and storyboard is must
- Ability to follow existing style guides
- Create high quality 2D character art in dynamic poses
- Be imaginative and creative
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Successful work experience as a character artist/ animator at least for 6+ years
- Involvement in an entire production cycle
- A fundamental understanding of 2D and 3D related software packages
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator/Coreldraw, and other related software
- Exceptional traditional art foundation skills including Anatomy, perspective, lighting, balance, and color relationships
- Understanding of digital/traditional art techniques
- Familiar with current game art trends
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change