Play Games24x7 Pvt. Ltd. is the first online company to bring games of skill with cash prizes to the large, yet under-served Indian market in a fun, light-hearted and friendly setting. India’s rich history and culture of games and the rapid growth of the Internet has presented us with a unique opportunity – the opportunity to bring to people across India games they have always loved and enjoyed, but don’t necessarily find the time or the friends to play with anymore. Competition, the joy of success and social connectivity form the backbone of our product. We kicked off this ambitious journey in 2009 with India’s most popular card game – Rummy. Today, we are India’s largest online rummy site (www.rummycircle.com) and millions of players visit us every month to play for free and for cash prizes. We are funded jointly by international venture capitalists and a hedge fund that has made significant investments in the past in some of the most successful Internet companies in India.
Summary of Role
At Games24x7, we believe that great games are made by people who are passionate about actually making them!
As Game UI Artist, you will be responsible for creating visually appealing, user- friendly, consistent UI artwork for market leading games played by 100’s of millions of players around the world. All you need is an eye for good visual design and the ability to empathize with your user. You will work closely with artists, game designers and developers as part of an experienced game team, where your contribution will help shape the next generation of Games24x7. The ideal candidate will be a good communicator and will have several years of experience designing and creating visually rich content for mobile game experiences.
- Work with the lead artist to develop, explore and create user interface and develop icons, buttons, frames and panels etc for mobile games.
- Create user interface concepts and motion graphics to demonstrate transitions and interactions as well as execute them within the game engine.
- Explore and assemble visual material to define and improve the visual style of the game.
- Should have an in-depth understanding of game front-end UX flow and HUD systems
- Solve problems effectively and creatively with an ability to scale quality when time or deadlines require it.
- Collaborate closely with the designer to iterate and consider the gameplay implications of the design and the overall player experience.
- Detach yourself from personal tastes to approach and problem solve from the players perspective.
- Always thinking about how we can do better.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Successful work experience as a Game UI artist at least for 5+ years
- Diverse Game UI style portfolio from casual friendly games through to mature titles. (Experience in the Adobe graphics suite essential) XD, Figma, other similar software
- Great illustration skills to develop the UI from freehand sketch to accurate vectors.
- Clear consideration of colour theory, shape, scale, form, silhouette.
- Attitude with confidence in your ability to work to a design spec / brief whilst able to use your own intuition to fill in the gaps.
- Fastidious attention to detail in order to push the visual and technical barriers further.
- Knowledge of Unity game engine is a plus
- An open approach to collaboration and feedback from others.
- Excellent communication skills, never afraid to ask questions.