Play Games24x7 Pvt. Ltd. is the first online company to bring games of skill with cash prizes to the large, yet under-served Indian market in a fun, light-hearted and friendly setting. India’s rich history and culture of games and the rapid growth of the Internet has presented us with a unique opportunity – the opportunity to bring to people across India games they have always loved and enjoyed, but don’t necessarily find the time or the friends to play with anymore. Competition, the joy of success and social connectivity form the backbone of our product. We kicked off this ambitious journey in 2009 with India’s most popular card game – Rummy. Today, we are India’s largest online rummy site (www.rummycircle.com) and millions of players visit us every month to play for free and for cash prizes. We are funded jointly by international venture capitalists and a hedge fund that has made significant investments in the past in some of the most successful Internet companies in India.
Summary of Role
At Games24x7, we believe that great games are made by people who are passionate about actually making them!
The Concept Artist will work with the Art Director and Producer, creating art assets which drive the visual identity of the game. This Artist will also create final in-game artwork, style guide and placeholder artwork. The Concept Artist will create whimsical, fantasy themed and realistic themed illustrations similar to what might be done for theme parks, video games, animation films, toys etc.
- Quick sketching ability
- Quick visualization ability from written descriptions or discussed ideas
- Illustration background preferred with different styles
- Ability to create wide range of art style ranging from cartoony to photo realistic illustrations
- Ability to communicate visually, and to identify and define visual design issues and solutions
- Excellent design skills, including the effective use of color, form, lighting, composition, Anatomy and aesthetics
- Proficient in character, prop design, game objects and Background designs
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Successful work experience as a concept artist at least for 6+ years in gaming industry
- Involvement in an entire production cycle of at least two current or previous generation titles
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator/Coreldraw, and other related software
- Exceptional traditional art foundation skills including Anatomy, perspective, lighting, balance, and color relationships
- Understanding of digital/traditional art techniques
- Familiar with current design trends and brands
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change